A well-established Financial Institution, with over 2,000 employees in Orange County, is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist. This is an immediate, short-term contract position that is expected to go until mid-January (excellent source of income for the Holiday Season!).
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Processing a large volume invoices daily/weekly.
- Maintaining internal and external customer relations.
- Coding invoices to appropriate GL Accounts, departments, locations and/or subsidiaries.
- Reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation, billing accuracy.
- Following up with internal customer for proper coding to invoices as necessary.
- Resolving discrepancies, correspondences.
- Handling ad hoc requests.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in an accounting role processing high-volume of invoices.
- Skilled in 10 key and MS Office is required, experience utilizing SharePoint and PeopleSoft is preferred.
- Individual must be a team player.
- Must have strong communication skills, be a critical thinker and problem-solving capabilities.
- Candidate must have experience working in a fast-paced environment.