A professional, dynamic and highly reputable personal injury law firm is looking to identify and hire an Associate Attorney. The Associate Attorney will be responsible for handling pre-litigation case management and litigation.
The Associate Attorney will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Managing new client intake including personally meeting with and interviewing potential clients.
- Evaluating and preparing case action plans and strategies.
- Verifying and ensuring compliance with applicable statutes of limitation.
- Drafting and/or editing government tort claims.
- Closely monitoring case status such as regular, in-depth review with paralegal and/or partner assigned to each case, updating case status, following up and monitoring medical treatment and related client communication as needed.
- Gathering and/or preserving evidence for potential litigation.
- Reviewing medical records as needed.
- Supervising legal assistants, paralegals, and clerks.
- Reviewing, editing and/or writing complex settlement demands.
- Negotiating settlements as needed.
- Handling complex lien issues such as ERISA plans or potential future MSA’s.
- Preparing for and attending any pre-litigation mediations.
- Drafting and filing complaints.
- Conducting and responding to written discovery.
- Conducting and defending depositions.
- Drafting law and motion and appearing at hearings.
- Preparing for and attending mediations and arbitrations.
- Planning trial strategies, negotiating, and representing our clients in all phases of pre-litigation and litigation process including trial or arbitration.
Requirements for the Associate Attorney:
- California & Federally licensed Attorney.
- Minimum of 5 years of Plaintiff side personal injury experience with emphasis on automobile related matters.
- Maintain the highest ethics.
- Strong experience preparing litigation up to the day of trial.
- Professional demeanor and experience maintaining excellent client satisfaction.