A Medical Device client in Orange County is looking to identify and hire a Chemist. The Chemist will primarily be responsible for formulating production materials and in-process materials testing. This position also supports other formulation chemistry laboratory activities in terms of materials testing and general laboratory organization requirements.
The Chemist will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing LAL components, Part A, Part B, Part C, Part E, Part F and Part G to support lens production.
- Producing silicone polymer base including the making of silicone dispersion and wipe filming of dispersion.
- Purifying received Macromer and Photoinitiator.
- Preparing films and performing in-process testing including but not limited to UV-Vis spectroscopy, FTIR, refractive index and viscosity.
- Performing maintenance and calibration on analytical instrument.
- Maintaining laboratory supplies and up-keep.
- Performing some incoming raw materials testing to release raw materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry.
- Prior background/ experience in chemistry lab or material handling preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience in material handling and chemistry is required.
- Basic understanding of chemical/ chemistry processes is desirable.
- Prior experience of working in cleanroom environment and/ or chemistry lab is highly preferred.
- Professional, responsible, energetic and accountable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn.