A rapidly growing Medical Device client in south Orange County is looking to identify and hire a Facilities & Safety Manager. The Facilities & Safety Manager is responsible for the effective functioning of multiple adjacent facilities, with office, clean room, manufacturing, chemical mixing and R&D activities, operating seven days a week, to provide an efficient and safe working environment for employees and their activities by using best business practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the needs of the company.
The Facilities & Safety Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Allocating and managing facility space for maximum efficiency, ensuring space requirements are met for new hires, and coordinating intra-office moves of personnel and equipment between multiple facilities.
- Supervising and performing maintenance and repair of facilities and facilities equipment such as alarm systems, heating and air conditioning and services to the clean rooms such as air systems, purified water, etc.
- Overseeing facility refurbishment and renovations.
- Planning and managing facility central services such as security, security systems, clean room cleaning, office cleaning, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and parking.
- Obtaining quotes and tenders from vendors and suppliers, calculating and comparing costs for goods and services to maximize cost effectiveness, negotiate contracts, monitor quality and activities of contract suppliers.
- Preparing and working within facility budget.
- Assuring security of the facility and responding to facility and equipment alarms and systems failures.
- Providing prompt response to requests and issues from facility occupants.
- Ensuring, with accounting and Quality Assurance, that all incoming capital equipment is promptly tagged and received.
- Supporting manufacturing, quality and purchasing departments such that all manufacturing, test, R&D, measurement equipment is tracked and calibrated per the calibration schedule.
- Performing hazardous chemical management, handling and weekly volume assessments.
- Facility compliance and audits by regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for safety program inclusive of:
- Accident prevention and investigation
- Safety committee
- Emergency planning & fire prevention
- Hazardous materials compliance including hands on development and maintenance of manuals, policies, processes, procedures, recordkeeping, monitoring and corrective action
- Safety training for all employees, including clean room & chemical handling employees
- Liaison with regulatory agencies such as OSHA and Air Quality Management District
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering, Environmental/Occupational Health Science or related qualification such as project management, business management or construction management.
- 8 – 10 years’ experience working as a Facilities, Safety and or Facilities & Safety Manager for ISO 9001 compliant facilities with clean rooms, chemical usage, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of facility management, sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations, experience in construction, maintenance and all facets of facility operation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to handle diverse duties and prioritize multiple demands. Calm demeanor.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have multiple working knowledge with Excel, Visio, MS Project, and Word are expected to be on the Moderate to Expert level.
- Previous experience managing multiple vendors and contractors responsible for janitorial, clean room maintenance, heating & air conditioning, calibration, general contractors.