A Multi-Billion Dollar International Corporation focusing on the research, development and manufacturing of Nutritional Supplements is looking to identify and hire a Formulation Research Scientist to support the Nutrition Business Sustaining Team, within the Global Research & Development division. On this team, the Formulation Research Scientist will work closely with several nutrition manufacturing plants, producing a wide variety of products and exposures, including: tablets, soft gels, capsules, powdered drink mixes, food bars, gummies, etc. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a dynamic, forward-thinking company that encourages team and personal development.
The Formulation Research Scientist will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Working with a resourceful team functioning as a problem solver and formulation expert that manages supply chain and raw material evaluations, offering improvements for current and future processing efficiencies.
- Working broadly with many cross functional partners in both, R & D, Supply Chain, QA, Regulatory, Manufacturing, etc.
- Showcasing strong formulation and problem solving skills.
- Working closely with the state-of-the-art pilot plant and having rich exposures with a variety of manufacturing plants in California, Michigan, and Washington, all producing diverse types of nutrition products and ingredients for markets around the world.
- Identifying and implementing formulation solutions to keep production on target, delivering high quality products to our global Business Owners.
- Evaluating alternative raw materials with key focus on driving cost savings, specific to Nutrition.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, or Pharmaceutical Science, Formulation, or a closely related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in food formulation, or nutraceutical formulation exposures that closely align.
- Ability to lead formulation activities that will require troubleshooting for formula modifications.
- Experience working with pilot plants and scale up processes.
- Background acting as a technical liaison with internal and external partners.
- Experience with product development processes.
- Ability to offer thought leadership and strategic recommendations for improvements.
- Talent to lead teams, communicates concisely, and with the ability to influence stakeholders.