A client if ours in the Anime industry is looking to identify and hire a Head of Content that will be responsible for the business development and ideation for event content and programming strategy.
The Head of Content will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Content and Programming Acquisition: Responsible for the acquisition of content and programming strategy of the Anime Expo, Project Anime, and other events. This will include events that have in excess of 900+ hours of programming such as concerts, panels, workshops, interactives, streaming, and other content related programming. This requires close collaboration with the Senior Director of Operations, Director of Industry Relations, and Chief Executive Officer, as well as the production and fulfillment teams.
- Content Analysis: Develop deep analyses using descriptive analytics and advanced quantitative methods to optimize our content marketing efforts, informing event spend, and industry trends. Measure and report on the results to be able to gauge content effectiveness across various campaigns and build more impactful content recommendations in the future based on those learnings.
- Relationship Building: Manage and grow existing key partnerships in order to optimize our business relationships, i.e. negotiating deal renewals, overseeing delivery of reporting and materials, working with internal and external partners on event promotion to ensure optimization. This includes both domestic and international partnerships.
- Monetization: Help identify and implement new monetization techniques & sales opportunities to drive revenue results through unique event ideas and custom event marketing opportunities.
- Business development: Responsible for supporting the packaging, pricing, promotion, selling, and activation of custom event marketing opportunities. Must attend top trade shows and industry conferences.
- Vendor Management: Source, negotiate, and manage performances of key third-party vendors such as talent brokers, agencies, etc.
- Planning and Budget Management: Develop, track, and manage all functions of the Content and Programming department budgets including forecasting, planning, and compliance with Company finance policies and procedures.
- Role will report directly to the Senior Directors of Operations and work in conjunction with and as a partner to Director of Industry Relations, Senior Director of Operations, and Chief Executive Officer.
- 5 – 10 years of proven results in event planning, sales, marketing, and business development in the anime and/or video game industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, animation, business, or other related degree.
- Fluent in Japanese and English.
- Strong leadership skills, with an understanding of what it means to lead by example.
- Solid problem-solving skills and judgment. Calm and level-headed under pressure. Consistent demonstration of quality work and good judgment.
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment.
- Must live in Southern California with reliable, independent transportation.
- Must maintain confidentiality within the organization with a high level of professional and personal ethics.
- Able to attend meetings, conferences, and events (including social functions) during non-business hours.
- Able to travel for business both domestically and internationally.
- Able to perform required tasks at Company events away from the office.
- Able to manage staff and vendors at convention and at other facilities.