A rapidly growing Medical Device client in south Orange County is looking to identify and hire a
LAL Shift Supervisor ( Production Supervisor ). The LAL Shift Supervisor will report to the Manager LAL Manufacturing and Engineering and after training on manufacturing procedures, the Supervisor will oversee the execution of all processes and maintain production flow to meet company production quotas, timelines, and quality standards. A Shift supervisor performs planning, scheduling, and organization of daily manufacturing activities as well as provides resolution to any complications that may arise.
The LAL Shift Supervisor will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Interacting with the other functions including but not limited to Engineering, Quality, Chemist and R&D.
- Contributing to the oversight of overall manufacturing of the LAL lenses.
- Interviewing potential personnel.
- Overseeing organization and execution of training to meet production goal timelines.
- Overseeing organization and execution of the following activities, to meet production goal timelines:
- Haptic production & Inspection.
- Mixing of Silicone components using analytical balance and EFD dispensing.
- Molding lenses using silicone material.
- Deflashing of lenses & haptics.
- Testing and cleaning of product.
- Conducts testing according to established work instructions utilizing a variety of equipment, i.e. comparator, optical and mechanical test and OCT equipment.
- Packaging of product.
- Issuing work orders in accordance with manufacturing plans (on paper and/or in ERP system).
- Monitoring inventory levels for production, placing orders as required to meet production needs.
- Organizing and facilitating production assistance in validation protocols, execution.
- Ensuring direct reports/trainees meet their expected daily responsibilities.
- With guidance from engineering, performing tests, gathering test data and recording results in accordance with manufacturing requirements.
- Supporting process improvement initiatives to enhance production efficiency, as well as ensure business continuity and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinating and interacting with other departments.
- Assisting in managing vendors and consultants to ensure that deliverables related to production projects are on time, of high quality and within budget.
- Assisting in the completion of annual performance reviews and compensation.
- Assuming responsibility for the implementation and management of manufacturing procedures.
- Meeting the production ramp through process efficiencies, hiring and personnel development.
- Approving weekly timecards as well as monitoring, scheduling and approving PTO requests.
- Minimum of Associate degree or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience on medical devices.
- 5 years’ experience in managing a large team on a production line.
- Experience and ability to lead Health Safety & Environmental issues.
- Must have baseline skills with Microsoft office applications. QAD baseline skills are desired.