With over 40 years as worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacturing of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians working in cell therapy and regenerative medicine, is looking to identify and hire a Liquid Formulator for one of their ISO certified, FDA & GMP regulated manufacturing facilities. This is a 3rd shift position and the hours are 2AM-10:30AM.
The Liquid Formulator will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Formulating liquid and or Diagnostic components per manufacturing protocols which includes weighing of solids and or liquids, utilizing various scale equipment in addition to operating mixing, blending or milling equipment.
- Reviewing lot folders for accuracy, completeness and availability of components necessary to complete job prior to the scheduled date of production.
- Obtaining proper samples and forwards to QC as required.
- Initiating Document Change Request (DCRs) as needed.
- Suggesting changes in departmental procedures and processes (SOPs) as needed.
- Maintaining all required logs and associated documentation.
- Assuring that all chemicals are stored and labeled properly.
- Performing calibration on all required equipment including pH meters and osmometers.
- Verifying scale / balance calibration, performing in process scale checks.
- Keeping work area, utensils, tanks, mills, and equipment clean and organized.
- Ensuring that supplies needed such as weigh boats, gloves, lab coats, etc. are well stocked in their designated areas.
- Following all safety procedures and working in a safe manner including wearing all required personal protective equipment.
- Understanding and following procedures to ensure that chemicals are handled properly.
- Basic understanding of pH and osmolality.
- Other duties as requested by Lead or Supervisor.
- AA or BS degree in Chemistry.
- 1-2 years of aseptic filling experience in a medical device, diagnostic, food/vitamin processing, or pharmaceutical manufacturing company is preferred.
- College level education in chemistry and knowledge of safely handling the chemicals.
- Working knowledge of metric system and ability to make metric conversions.
- Good understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Good general knowledge of Cell Culture, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Microbiology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
**Please note that there is a no facial hair policy in the Production department.