A client of ours in the Aerospace industry is looking to identify and hire a Materials and Production Control Manager, on a direct hire basis. The Materials Manager has responsibility for Materials Management, Production Control, Inventory Management and Purchasing functions.
The Materials and Production Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Implementing and executing Materials, Production Control, Purchasing and inventory control strategies to help achieve the Key Results.
- Establishing company’s raw material needs, inventory control mechanism and oversee production control and purchasing activities using modern ERP System.
- Overseeing production control activities, which ensure material flow through production in support of the production plans to satisfy business goals and customer demands.
- Establishing and implementing short- and long-range departmental goals (KPIs), objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Directing and overseeing corrective and mitigation actions to continuously improve the effectiveness of the company’s business management system using value engineering and lean principles.
- Working with the Quality Department to assure that all raw material and outside processes meet the appropriate Quality requirements.
- Embracing and promoting the company’s culture beliefs as a means to achieve the Key Results.
- Negotiating with the suppliers/vendors and placing orders for the raw materials, supplies and services and make sure that orders are delivered on time.
- Conducting oneself in accordance with the Leadership Code on Conduct.
- Recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluating department staff. Holding subordinates accountable for their results.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administrations or Engineering or relevant discipline and 5+ years of managing materials or production control experience, preferably within the Aerospace industry.
- Due to ITAR requirements, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Proven experience managing a materials and production control function in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of production control techniques and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of inventory control and materials management.
- Knowledge of contracts and negotiating.
- Extensive knowledge of ERP/MRP principles and materials management.
- Knowledge of Bill of Manufacturing/Materials structures and routings.
- Knowledge of Production and Purchasing functions in a Manufacturing Environment
- Effective written and oral communication, organization.
- Experience in and understanding of aerospace manufacturing and specifications, documentation and traceability requirements.
- Work requires interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Ability to work as part of a team.