A Medical Device client in Orange County, is looking to identify and hire an MRO Buyer. Using a product designed by a Nobel Prize winning Scientist, our client is on the forefront of ground-breaking technology that will improve the quality of lens’ post-eye surgery. The MRO Buyer will be responsible for all procurement activity of maintenance, repair, and operations by processing RD requisition utilizing QAD MFG / PRO ERP suite. This individual will also oversee the reconciliation of purchase orders, receiving, and invoicing issues, as well as manage the purchasing replenishment program. The MRO Buyer will act as liaison for Supply Chain with cross functional team, suppliers and contractors to ensure pre-production activities are met while maintaining all purchasing related files and performing administrative support for purchasing team.
The MRO Buyer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Performing all duties required to complete purchasing activities.
- Conducting order placement for all non-inventory related requisition including, but not-limited to RD prototypes, operations related supplies and consumables, facility, safety, and IT related requests, office supplies, equipment and facility maintenance, and Capex purchases.
- Completing transaction in QAD.
- Assuring that material is delivered on schedule at negotiated price, and meets specifications and requirements.
- Initiating preliminary new supplier setup processes with Finance, communicating with cross functional team to ensure traceability and proper documentation.
- Supporting the supplier onboard process.
- Managing the floor stock and Point-of-Use setup, transaction, and replenishment by working with supplier and cross functional team.
- Managing purchasing records such as NDA and certification to ensure validity.
- Managing the office, janitorial, and facility replenishment program.
- Managing Grubhub order placement for the Company and completing reconciliation.
- Maintaining timely control of orders, amendments, contracts, shipping notices and other documents to ensure accurate retention of records.
- Supporting Finance & Accounting to reconcile credit card transactions, purchase orders, receipts, and invoicing issues.
- Supporting the production team with order expedite, de-expedite, and past due follow-up by generating and submitting weekly reports to all production related suppliers.
- Ensuring compliance to Company’s product development standards for new product development.
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration and/or 2 plus years purchasing is preferred or 5 plus year relevant work experience.
- GMP / ISO experience in medical device industry.
- QAD MFG / PRO experiences is preferred.
- QMS / CEBOS and electronic Document Control System is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident of US (Green-card).
- Prior experience in purchasing, specifically in startup medical device industry.
- Prior experience in administration, facility, and accounting in startup medical device industry.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to multi-task.