A professional and dynamic client of ours, a personal injury law firm, is looking to identify and hire a Paralegal on a full time, Direct Hire basis. The Paralegal will assist the Attorney’s with mostly Automobile cases, from intake through conclusion.
The Paralegal will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Handling files from intake to conclusion, including litigation, discovery and pre-trial preparation.
- Evaluating potential new cases at intake.
- Handling property damage for clients including total loss.
- Pre-demand medical workup, reviewing medical records and preparing demand letters.
- Negotiating pre-litigation claim settlements with insurance companies.
- Negotiating medical bills with health care providers upon settlement.
- Understanding and negotiating med pay, Medi-Cal, Medicare, Hospital and other liens.
- Preparing settlement breakdowns and disbursing settlement funds.
- Preparing and filing complaints.
- Conducting investigations and skip traces to locate defendants for process of service.
- Working directly with clients and attorneys to prepare discovery requests and responses.
- Reviewing, organizing and summarizing depositions and high volumes of medical records.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with opposing parties from discovery phase to trial.
- Organizing files for trial and prepare trial binders.
- Candidate must have at least 7 years’ experience, 10 or more years preferred.
- Familiar with common automobile related injuries, terminology and treatment.
- Must be familiar with the Code of Civil Procedure and common litigation timelines and dates.
- Candidate must take pride in his or her work, be extremely detail oriented, have superior time management skills, and require little substantive training.