A Medical Device client in Orange County is looking to identify and hire a Research & Development ( R&D ) Technician. The R&D Technician will be primarily responsible for formulating production materials and in-process materials testing. This position also supports other formulation chemistry laboratory activities in terms of materials testing and general laboratory organization requirements.
The R&D Technician will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing silicone materials and formulations.
- Testing of silicone raw materials, formulations and discs.
- Utilizing various analytical instruments for testing raw materials (GPC, GC, UV-vis, FTIR) and various instruments for material testing (Instron, durometer, rheomoter, and viscometer).
- Supporting in house material purification.
- Performing maintenance and calibration of analytical instruments.
- Maintaining laboratory supplies and up-keep.
Requirements for the R&D Technician:
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferably prior background/experience in chemistry lab or material handling preferred.
- Basic understanding of chemical/chemistry processes is required.
- Prior experience/ knowledge in silicone formulation and chemistry is desirable.
- Professional, responsible, energetic and accountable.
- High agility for learning is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident of US (Green-card).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.