International Quick Service Restaurant Corporation is looking to identify and hire a Senior Accountant / CPA on a contract basis. Our client is a very energetic and vibrant organization that offers many employee perks.
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site restaurant
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year-round, half-day Fridays
- Employee Discount Program
The Senior Accountant / CPA will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Working closely with the gift card program manager, advertising fund team and key vendors to ensure proper financial reporting of gift card and advertising fund financial activity in accordance with US GAAP.
- Performing period/quarter/year end close procedures including JE activity and account reconciliations.
- Period/quarterly/annual financial statement preparation (Cash Basis and US GAAP).
- Assisting with preparation of quarterly Board of Directors presentations.
- Maintaining and updating/improving internal control processes with changing business environment.
- Auditing facilitation including audit schedule preparation and financial statements and notes to the financial statements preparation.
- Assisting with quarterly/annual budgets and forecasts.
- Performing budget to actual variance analysis.
- Assisting with cash flow and investment management.
- Reporting on key insights and trends and providing actionable recommendations.
- Maintaining accounting records and schedules for prepaid expenses, inventory, depreciation.
- Reviewing, maintaining and distributing updates of the National Advertising fund expenses to ensure spending is within Marketing Funds Policy and in accordance with the GAAP Revenue Recognition requirements.
- Reviewing cash balance in various accounts to ensure adequate cash flow.
- Collaborating with cross functional internal teams including, marketing, operations, finance and accounting to streamline and drive efficient financial processes.
- Contributing to an environment of continuous improvement, demonstrating a high level of intellectual curiosity and think outside existing financial models to provide ad-hoc analyses and deeper exploration as appropriate on issues that can have a high impact on the organization’s ability to drive profits.
- Collaborating with corporate accounting to ensure intercompany transactions and quarterly eliminations are prepared properly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA license strongly preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior-level accounting role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of new GAAP Revenue Recognition standard to assist in the transition of new corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.