A Medical Device client in Orange County, is looking to identify and hire a Senior Accountant. Using a product designed by a Nobel Prize winning Scientist, our client is on the forefront of ground-breaking technology that will improve the quality of lens’ post-eye surgery. The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the accounting records, primarily focused on the monthly close cycle, ensuring the accuracy of the fixed asset records for book and tax purposes, reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts on a timely basis, and helping to establish accounting policies and procedures. The Senior Accountant records, summarizes and reconciles business transactions.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Performing cash and investment reconciliations.
- Amortizing prepaids.
- Completing account reconciliations to the general ledger and subledgers (A/R, A/P, etc.).
- Managing fixed assets (capitalization, tagging, depreciation, retirement, both book and tax reporting).
- Completing the annual property and sales/use tax returns.
- Clearing suspense accounts.
- Performing month-end close including (but not limited to) determining or reviewing requisite accruals, reviewing balance sheet and income statement accounts for proper balances and classifications, and ensuring standard journal entries are completed.
- Entering approved journal entries to the general ledger.
- Completing miscellaneous account analyses as requested.
- Documenting procedures and streamlining transaction processing to improve efficiencies.
- Maintaining overall month-end close schedule, balance sheet reconciliations and reporting matrix.
- Documenting internal controls.
- Completing CA Form 542 (Report of Independent Contractors) and submitting to the California Employment Development Department.
- Completing ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
- Participating in the audit of the annual physical inventory.
- Annual 1099-MISC reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; minimum 5 years’ Accounting experience.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines and work independently.
- Support the company values (Customer Focused, Agility, Sense of Urgency, Transformative).
- Requires strong MS Excel skills.
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills.