A rapidly growing Medical Device client in south Orange County is looking to identify and hire a Senior Manager of Planning & Distribution. The Senior Manager of Planning & Distribution will be responsible for controlling the master scheduling, inventory control, distribution, and work order functions. Additionally, The Senior Manager of Planning & Distribution will oversee the global logistics for onsite materials in multiple warehouses, inventory movement between facilities and off-site warehouse to ensure timely delivery of product, spare parts and oversight of customer consignment inventory programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create/maintain and oversee the Master Schedule.
- Ensure all production (LAL, LDD, accessories, spares and commercial products) flow keeps planning.
- Plans IOL distribution with frequent review.
- Ensures consignment inventory availability and LAL size distribution.
- Maintains inventory at company targets.
- Oversees the training of distribution staff in a cross functional environment.
- Ensures outbound and inbound freight charge savings is maximized for bottom line savings.
- Eliminate backorders of finished products.
- Ensures database integrity of work in-process through shop floor control.
- Executes Inventory Control Plans (ICP) and recovery programs.
- Management of Shipping, Receiving, Planning and inventory control.
- Global responsibility for spare part logistics and management of all off-site distribution points.
- Maintain discipline on material transfer transactions, globally.
- Confirms off-site inventory (via DRP) module is executed per company inventory control policies and guidelines.
- Ensures Distribution facilities operate in compliance with cGMP guidelines.
- Implement continuous improvement programs in Distribution, Planning and Inventory Control groups to ensure Best-in-Class processes.
- Executes the material movement method(s) based on the chosen manufacturing methods for the product lines (Kanban, Point-of-Use, Flow Scheduling, etc.).
- Ensures all FDA and ISO requirements are adhered to in area of responsibility, as well as update and train as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree. At least 8- 12 years of related management experience. It is also expected that the individual will have had extensive training in communication skills, leadership and supervisory skills enhanced by participation in a variety of management seminars and workshops.
- Ability to manage warehouse, distribution and planning personnel. Responsible for budgeting of personnel, hiring, evaluating and motivating employees, setting goals and objectives and ensuring employees make continuous improvements in processes and procedures. Ensures all company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Experience working for a medical device company and recent experience working in a FDA and/or ISO environment highly preferred. Experience planning multiple sizes of a disposable product and consignment inventory highly preferred.
- APICS CPIM, CFPIM certification highly desirable.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have multiple working knowledge of Inventory software and Manufacturing software. Excel, Visio, MS Project, and Word are expected to be on the Moderate to Expert level. Advanced management of ERP systems is required, with an emphasis of QAD ERP.