A Medical Device client in Orange County, is looking to identify and hire a Sr. Materials Planner, on a direct hire basis. Using a product designed by a Nobel Prize winning Scientist, our client is on the forefront of ground-breaking technology that will improve the quality of lens’ post-eye surgery. The Materials Planner is responsible for the strategic management of planning, scheduling and monitoring of inventory utilizing the ERP business system for production, spares and R&D forecast requirements. Oversees the Master Production Schedule, maintains MRP integrity and ensures requirements and planned orders are planned appropriately. Creates and analyzes forecasts and inventory goals, E&O inventory and conduct S&OP meetings. Ensures adherence to company goals, policies and procedures, and implements corrective action plans as needed. Ensures material transactions, BOM’s and item masters are accurate and maintained and processes meet or exceed customer requirements.
The Sr. Materials Planner will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Serving as the focal point for all master scheduling activities across the business.
- Establishing inventory programs (ABC analysis, velocity, excess & obsolete), as well as monitoring of metrics (days of inventory on hand, inventory turns, carrying costs, etc.) aimed at maintaining minimum inventory investments and optimization of safety stock levels.
- Working with Supply Chain and Operations to develop and maintain appropriate Kanban levels based upon volumes; also investigate turnkey supplier kitting opportunities.
- Jointly managing QAD master data such as chemical formulations/recipes, BOMs, routings, process yields and compounding scrap to ensure accurate demand planning for in house and subcontracted chemistry processing.
- Reviewing sales, shipments and consumption for all consignment FGI globally and maintaining the proper inventory balance at the various customer sites.
- Supporting Lean Manufacturing initiatives such as single piece flow and pull systems so that WIP inventories are optimized.
- Supporting new product development and introduction with robust phase-in, phase-out analysis.
- Leading one or more Materials Planners as growth of the business dictates.
Requirements for the Sr. Materials Planner:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 10 years of inventory planning/demand planning and master scheduling.
- Certificate in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Project management experience.
- People management experience.
- International Logistics/Consignment Inventory background.
- Drug/pharma/industrial chemicals background highly preferred.
- Previous process engineering (industrial) a plus.
- QAD ERP system experience.
- Strong computer skills including Word Processing, Spreadsheet Software, Project Management software.