A rapidly growing Medical Device client in south Orange County is looking to identify and hire a Senior Warehouse Management Supervisor. The Senior Warehouse Management Supervisor will oversee the day to day activities and duties for multiple warehouses and for materials personnel to perform receiving, shipping, inventory control, kitting and pulling of materials for work orders, material requisitions and customer requests. Responsible for Logistics and coordinates activities for outgoing shipments to customers, in the US and Internationally.
Our client offers an excellent work environment, career advancement and a strong compensation & benefits package.
The Senior Warehouse Management Supervisor will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Supervising material handlers and warehouse personnel working within the warehouse and materials. Responsible for reviews, new hires, assigns, trains and directs work for materials handlers. Appraises performance, disciplines employees, and addresses complaints and resolves problems within the warehouse. Providing supervision in a multi-warehouse, evolving and growing environment.
- Managing the layout and set up of the warehouses for the appropriate storage of goods and supplies and movement to production and from various warehouse locations.
- Responsible for receiving, shipping, inventory control, proper storage and movement of material for all warehouses and to/from production.
- Ensuring compliance to procedures and updating work instructions as required.
- Reading production schedule, customer order, work orders, shipping order, or requisition to ensure work orders are accurate and filled promptly.
- Conveying materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Designing and ensuring materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product codes to maximize warehouse space and ease of use.
- Filling requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Assembling customer orders from stock and placing orders on pallets or shelves, or conveying orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Performing cycle counts, and preparing results reports. Performing root cause and corrective action analysis to ensure inventory integrity for all material. Updating and routing cycle count procedures and processes, as appropriate.
- Arranging stock parts in specific sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Using computer to enter records, ensuring transactions are performed correctly.
- Maintaining forklifts and truck to ensure there is a vehicle to transport items.
- Completing requisition forms to order, pull or ship parts/supplies.
- Preparing parcels for shipping.
- Maintaining and overseeing the shift allocations, warehouse locations and workings of all warehouse staff.
- Managing and checking all inventory records and making evaluation reports.
- Auditing daily transactions and freight receipts.
- Auditing work orders to ensure they are closed and/or not on the production floor longer than they should be.
- Coordinating and negotiating with transporters for dispatch of goods, pricing and quality of delivery and pickup.
- Bachelor degree preferred; Five plus years of warehouse management and related supervisor experience within a warehouse environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the medical device industry with knowledge of FDA and/or ISO requirements highly desired.
- Should have excellent managerial and organizational skills and abilities.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills with effective team building capabilities.
- Knowledge of the safety and legal procedures for handling and receiving goods.
- Ability to effectively manage time and resolve warehouse issues.
- OUS shipment requirements knowledge and ability to work effectively with freight forwarders.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software and Manufacturing software, excel, power point presentations.
- Experience with QAD software preferable, or if not QAD, SAP expertise. Expected to become the QAD “subject matter expert” in all inventory movement transactions, kitting, work orders.