Dynamic, International Molecular Clinical Diagnostics Corporation located in Orange County, CA is looking to add CA Licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientists to their rapidly expanding Molecular Department’s Sunday-Thursday & Tuesday-Saturday shifts. Weekday shift start times are flexible between 4p-8p, and Weekend shift start time is 11a but also somewhat flexible. There is a 5% Shift Differential for any hours worked between 10p-6a). The successful candidate is an individual who is looking for opportunities to LEAD & GROW, along with possessing a proven track record of leadership.
SIGN ON BONUS!
The qualified professional will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Perform all manual technical procedures relating to specimen preparation, specimen type, protocols and procedures.
- Operate automated laboratory instrumentation as assigned including troubleshooting, maintenance and repair procedures as required.
- Consistently and accurately transcribe patient test results from raw data generated from an instrument into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Responsible for the accurate documentation of all testing activities including but not limited to patient specimens, proficiency testing, quality control results, performance of preventive maintenance & calibration of instruments, and LIS results entry.
- Responsible for the documentation of corrective actions when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Responsible for the inspections, labeling, and storing of incoming materials from the QC Department.
- Ability to contact suppliers regarding performance of laboratory reagents, equipment, for troubleshooting purposes, when assigned.
- Maintain complete and document records in real time that includes but is not limited to, department logs, files, and worksheets.
- Recognize and communicate effectively laboratory results requiring immediate attention (, inconsistent patient values, etc.).
- Responsible for training and cross-training licensed CLS and non-CLS employees.
- Participate in the evaluation of new methods and procedures under the direction of the Laboratory Director.
- Participate in continuing education programs (mandatory or non-mandatory).
- Must follow good documentation practices.
- May participate as an Internal Auditor in the internal audit program.
- Follows processes under the Quality Management Systems for CAPA, Deviations, Nonconforming Materials and Client Complaints.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Active CA Clinical Laboratory Scientist license is mandatory
- ASCP Certification is a PLUS!
- Minimum 1 year of industry experience as a Licensed CLS within a Diagnostic Laboratory.
- Molecular experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; Written, Verbal & Computer.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to work autonomously.
- Experience working with LIMS database, quality systems and lab automation.
- Must have good reasoning ability; be knowledgeable of clinical pathology processes and uses organizational skills to meet established turnaround time deadlines.