A client of ours in the Automotive Industry is looking to identify and hire a Data Development Technician. perform development tasks in the Technical Department related to Database projects. Other functions also include development, management, and maintenance of both new and existing databases for the Data Center.
The Data Development Technician will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Using feedback from customers and knowledge of the automotive aftermarket to generate product ideas that will ultimately deliver profits to the company.
- Supporting a timely, high-quality product development process.
- Protecting the interests of the company by maintaining confidentiality about new product development.
- All stages of database development and implementation for the Data Center.
- Providing non-routine enhancements and maintenance support to the existing and future database, website and product specific projects.
- Providing resources to the Data Development Supervisor when required to fulfill the company’s product development objectives.
- Generating new product ideas or improvements for existing products based on knowledge of the automotive aftermarket trends.
- Providing timely, accurate market feasibility information to assist the Marketing Department in assessing the value of a potential new product.
- Supporting the product development process with the timely and accurate development of information and databases, BOMs (when appropriate) and manuals as well as providing the end-users’ perspective to improve new and existing products.
- Product testing, data acquisition and compliance testing to ensure their performance according to specifications and meet potential users’ needs.
- Supporting new product introduction with product presentation and training.
- Supporting the efficient operation of the Product Development Department.
- Other assignments as requested by Supervisor.
- 6 – 10 years’ experience in automotive industry with two years in management.
- Automotive Technology Degree, related field or ASE Certified (A1, A6, A8 and L1) Master Tech preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize day/week around multiple productive activities.
- Ability to achieve results through the management of others.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office and Internet applications.