An international, leading edge, Los Angeles-based water feature design and engineering firm is looking to hire an Electrical Engineer on a direct-hire basis. The firm collaborates with many of the world’s most respected architects, landscape architects, and developers in the realization of site-specific, creative and technically refined water features. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of systems for large-scale water features from concept analysis through commissioning.
The Electrical Engineer will work in association with other in-house and out-of-house design professional team members. The position requires a rational approach to engineering problems and systems thinking, covering the key areas of equipment familiarization, power, signal and controls, and also a general understanding of electrical systems in architectural construction. The work involves research, analysis, calculation, and the creation of design diagrams. The company works collaboratively towards innovative solutions, and requires a healthy degree of creativity in the successful candidate, functioning with a balanced engineering ability and a positive sense of mission.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Analyzing and engineering power and control systems for exceptional projects.
- Equipment Research / Specifications / Selection.
- Electrical Schematics, Equipment Schedules & Written Specifications, Electrical Construction Details for inclusion in Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Document drawings packages.
- Traveling to project sites for construction review and commissioning.
- Coordinating closely with the company’s design team, responding nimbly to the ongoing internal questions and design changes normal to fast-paced design and engineering practices.
- Attending phone, web, or video conferences with clients for domestic and international projects.
- Contributing to engineering leadership and the continuing evolution of a robust engineering culture in the design studio.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience. Professional Engineering license is required.
- Previous experience in electrical engineering of large architectural projects is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills combined with a professionally curious intellectual nature.
- Ability to participate in creative discussions, share ideas, and work collaboratively.
- Professional level AutoCad skills are required—Revit or BIM ability is a plus.
- Experience with the Construction Administration process.
- Familiarization with the review and approval of contractor submissions.
- Must be available to travel to domestic and international destinations.
Competitive salary, based on relevant experience.